Interested in saving your rent money for a down payment on a home, car or tuition for college? Register for the Family Self Sufficiency meeting on 11/9/2022, at 10:00 am at the Suncoast Villa Office, 225 Elmira Dr., by contacting Ms. Kenyatta Thompson at 228-374-7771 ext. 228.
Each assisted unit must pass Housing Quality Standards Inspection at initial move-in and periodically during tenancy. Below are common fail items of which each resident should be aware.
- Utilities not turned on (All utilities must be on and all appliances and equipment operable.)
- Missing light globes
- Cracked/missing electrical switch plates and receptacle covers
- Missing smoke detectors or smoke detectors missing batteries
- Blocked egress (windows, doors) (At least one window must provide unobstructed egress from the room.)
- Windows not operating properly, cracked or broken panes
- Stove burners and/or oven inoperable (All knobs must be present and marked)
- Refrigerator missing components or inoperable
- Doors not weather tight with workable locks
- Holes in walls/ doors
- Excessively dirty carpet/walls
Our regular offices hours are 8:00 – 5:00 Monday through Thursday and every other Friday. Currently, offices are closed to the public. You can report changes to your income or family composition and request assistance by contacting your Community Manager or HCV Manager by phone or email. BHA staff listing available here.Continue reading